Sports Betting Types | Teaser Bets
A Teaser is a selection of two or more teams in one wager in which the point spread is adjusted in your favor. The number of teams selected and the number of points selected determines the payout odds.
But, teasers are a fun bet and may be appropriate in some circumstances where you feel you need a point spread cushion.
- A teaser can only consist of point spreads and totals; you cannot buy points.
- The number of teams and the number of teaser points you select determines your payout odds.
For example, you place a 3-team 6-point football teaser. The unadjusted line is Dallas -7, New York -3 and Green Bay +15.
The point spreads are adjusted as follows:
- Dallas -7 plus the adjusted six points = -1
- New York -3 plus the adjusted six points = +3
- Green Bay +15 plus the adjusted six points = +21
If each and every one of the three teams wins against the adjusted spread, you win.
Ties on teasers can be treated in the following ways:
- Ties Cancel:
- With a tie regardless of the outcome of the other teams the teaser gets cancelled.
- Ties Push:
- With a tie the teaser gets reduced to a lower number of teams. A 5 Teamer becomes a 4 Teamer and so on, but in the case of a 2team teaser it would be cancelled if there is a winner and a push.
- Ties Lose:
- Any tie causes the teaser to lose.
- Ties Win:
- Any ties is graded as a Win.